Monday, July 13, 2009

A New Beginning in Blogging

It's been too long since I've blogged, and I've missed it! I hope you will check back from time to time and post a comment or two.

I feel like I'm on a journey, okay, so it's probably one I've been on for a while, but I've just now started to smell the roses. It's taken me a long to time to get here. Thank you, Stephen Covey.

As I contemplated my life's mission I realize that I've always known where I wanted the end of my path to be, but never thought a whole lot about the journey itself.

This summer I had the opportunity to take the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People seminar. Yah, yah, I've heard of it...but never really paid much attention to it. It has changed my life. I've spent most of the summer thinking about my "mission statement" I keep going back to two words--"Sweet" and "Love". Why those two? Love of course being my last name, and that's something I've always been proud of, but when I think about the reason I am here on this blue planet, I know that my role here is to love unconditionally. Hence the love part. What about "sweet" you ask. I love the movie Harvey. In it Elwood makes the statement that he just wants to be pleasant. The whole movie is summed up in being pleasant. Well I want to be sweet. I want people to think of me in those terms.

Christ's mission was to redeem mankind and through that he had charity, and charity means love. So with that in mind, I think I can sum up my mission statement with "Sweet Love."

Now that I've laid it out there for the world (okay, maybe not the world) I've committed myself to it.

7 comments:

  1. Yeah I'm so glad you have a blog...Maybe I can start blogging again. I've been much to preoccupied lately...
    See you soon!
    ~Krista

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new blog, Betsy. And Harvey is one of my favorite movies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betsy, I think you are in the midst of achieving your goal and your mission in life. I always feel unconditional love from you. I am very pleased that you've begun this blog. Not that you need it, but you will find that it hones your writing skills in unusual ways - to say nothing of your typing skills! LOL
    BTW, love Harvey and your quote! Jimmy Stewart was the best! Love Ya, Karen B-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your blog with us. Like your mission statement. Something I need to be constantly reminded of.

    Steph Anderson--ANWA Chick

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good start to a great blog, Betsy. Steven Covey has had a profound influence on a lot of us. May you enjoy the rest of your blogging journey.
    Carolyn Murphy, ANWA

    ReplyDelete